"We Built That"
From the initial meeting to the project’s completion, Newfield strives to exceed your expectations. Our pride comes from pointing to a building, whether a school, fire house or hotel and saying, “We built that.” We hope your pride comes from choosing the Newfield team as your builder of choice.
A History of Excellence
Newfield Construction, based in Hartford, CT, is a privately owned business established in 1969. We prioritize excellence, outstanding communication, and a strong industry reputation in every project we undertake. We specialize in complex projects and enjoy tackling challenging work.
Founded in 1969 by Damien and Paul Davis.
In 1969, the foundation of what Newfield Construction represents today was built by Damien and Paul Davis. Their relentless dedication, meticulous attention to detail, and unwavering determination shaped Newfield into a company known not only for its commitment to quality, cost-efficiency, and adherence to schedules but also for its ability to successfully undertake complex and demanding projects across Connecticut. This reputation attracted some of the most talented professionals in the construction industry.
After over four decades of leadership, Damien and Paul stepped down in 2020, leaving the company robustly positioned to embrace future challenges under new leadership.
During the Davis leadership, Newfield Construction was involved in several significant projects, including:
- Renovation of the historic Old State House (built in 1796) in Hartford, CT.
- Restoration of the St. Patrick St Anthony Cathedral, originally constructed in 1876.
- Reconstruction of St. John’s Episcopal in West Hartford, CT, following its complete destruction by fire.
- Expansion of Bradley International Airport in Windsor Locks, CT.
- Enhancements to the Hartford Public Library.
- The development of the Maritime Aquarium in Norwalk, CT.
- The construction of Brass City Mall in Waterbury, CT,
- Renovations to the Travelers Tower in Hartford, CT.
- Hartford Jaycees Community Boathouse in Hartford, CT.
- Upgrades and improvements at Backus Hospital in Norwich, CT.
- Renovations to the State Capitol in Hartford, CT.
- The New Legislative Office Building in Hartford, CT.
A history of active participation in giving back.
ACE Mentor Program
ACE Mentor Program is an after-school group that gives high school students a hands-on introduction to Architecture Construction Engineering (ACE).
Matching Students to Professionals
This Mentor Program matches 15-20 students with ACE professionals and mentors who volunteer their time to teach students about the industry.
Mentoring Since 2009
Our staff has found particular enjoyment in giving back to students engaged in learning about the dynamics of building and design.
Leading the way with active industry involvement.
Relationships with stakeholders like architects, contractors, and regulators are essential in the commercial construction industry. Their collective expertise ensures project success, compliance, and innovation, making close communication a cornerstone of successful commercial construction.
At Newfield, we collaborate with industry professionals to foster relationships, stay abreast of current developments, and participate in a continuous learning environment.